Re Romanov's animal

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 11:24:22 EDT 2003

Jodel

<Gee, I thought that she was a cheetah.>

Anna
<but I just had a look at the
description of Romanov's cat & it
says here: spotted, long legs, small head. And
that *does* sound like a
cheetah...>

I thought cheetah too but then something made me
change my mind -- oh, I remember -- cheetahs
don't climb trees!
I seem to remember it's bigger than the panther
by a stretch, so probably not a leopard. I'm
betting jaguar but still haven't got around to
checking the description against my cat book.

Anna
<It also says that Nick's panther is absolutely
terrified of
Romanov's beastie, though whether this is due to
being outranked by it or
just because it is ferocious & awesome I cannot
tell...>

Romanov's cat is also male irrc, and I get the
impression it's older.

Jodel
<And yes, why go into all that stuff about Nick's

totem and then just drop it,
THUD.  That annoyed me.>

Absolutely. Nick never seems to give it another
thought after it says it's busy and ignores him.

=====
Ven