Derk makes me uneasy

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu May 29 08:12:36 EDT 2003

Philip:
[snipping, as the subject line is perfectly explanatory!]

>Has anyone else had this feeling?  I seem to remember someone being
>uneasy about
>the griffins, for a start...

I was - very uneasy!  (Possibly among others, it's been a while since
we've discussed this, hasn't it?)   Much of my uneasiness centred
around the idea of breeding your own children - ugh.  An *essential*
part of parenting, IMHO, is the concept of taking what you get - and
then trying to do the best job of parenting that child you can - no
matter how unlike your idea of the 'ideal child' he or she may be!
Also there was a bit of unhappiness at Derk's saying that he'd hoped
for two of the griffins to be a mating pair.  Ugh again.

Hallie.