Merlin (with spoilers) Grundo, Coercion

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Thu May 29 06:03:05 EDT 2003

> Sallyo - *not* advocating unscrupulous dealings, just idly wondering if
> magic talent is any more unfair than - say - genius.

I don't think magic talent is any more unfair than any other sort of talent.
But using one's talent - magical or otherwise - to take advantage of someone, as
Grundo does, is.  And using it to take advantage of someone who is in some way
in your power, as Gwendolen does, definitely is.

Perhaps one should rather say:  If your talent is magical, and therefore in some
sense exempt from physical laws, that doesn't mean that it is also exempt from
moral laws, however you define them.

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.