Merlin -- intended audience data/'universe' or 'world'

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Thu May 29 03:59:13 EDT 2003

Charlie wrote:

> I'm not sure the Hexwood set-up counts as a multiverse - like Jennifer (if I
> understand her correctly) I see that more as a case of different planets
> within the same universe. I haven't read all DWJ yet, but the only three
> true multiverses I've come across so far are the Chrestomanci, DS/MC and
> Homeward Bounders ones.

I agree about Hexwood, but I disagree about only three true multiverses.  I
think Sudden Wild Magic is definitely a true multiverse.  Perhaps more
controversially, I think that Dragon Reserve Home Eight is a multiverse (the
Dragonate word for "multiverse" being "manifold" - many (multi) + fold (verso)).
IIRC, in "Minor Arcana", DWJ says that Dragon Reserve came out of some early
work she'd been doing on the Chrestomanci multiverse for LoCC, but it wasn't the
same.

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.