Romanov's animal

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Thu May 29 02:42:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Gee, I thought that she was a cheetah.

	Oh, I think you're right! I assumed leopard because of the spots
(and in complete ignorance of the fact it was just a different colour of
panther, I shall watch an hour of David Attenborough in penitence; how
weird that leopards & panthers are born in the same litters! Do you think
they mind?) but I just had a look at the description of Romanov's cat & it
says here: spotted, long legs, small head. And that *does* sound like a
cheetah...

	It also says that Nick's panther is absolutely terrified of
Romanov's beastie, though whether this is due to being outranked by it or
just because it is ferocious & awesome I cannot tell...

	Anna