Where does Witchy Dance come from?

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 00:36:36 EDT 2003

--- Charles Butler
<hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote:

> Helen Schinske :
> Yes, of course, but I didn't really mean that kind
> of thing (where did details of the dance come from).
> What I meant was where did *Nick and Maree*
> specifically get the idea to do it? When did they
> invent the idea, and why? Is it part of an old game
> they used to play or something?
>
> It just says that the Witchy Dance was something
> they had often done when they were kids, as far as I
> can see.

I'd always thought it just grew out of something
they'd played at as kids. When small they'd played a
game which somehow "felt right" or perhaps made them
feel better about things. As they both are able to do
magic what felt right to them was something that
actually was magical, althoughh of course they had no
understanding of this. I presume Nick's mother either
was unaware of the dance itself or thought it was
harmless. Later they discovered that when things
seemed wrong doing the dance actually made things
somehow better. Probably when they were still to young
to have any real understanding that this was anything
unusual or even anything other than a childish game.
Then it became a habit.

Jon