Merlin-re; Grundo

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu May 29 00:04:23 EDT 2003

Just twigged to another replay reversal here. I think someone else refered to
it as well.

Nick and Maree are similar to Roddy and Grundo, of course and blindingly so.
With no coercions on either side. However. the real configuration we are
getting a flip side to is Cat and Gwendolyn chant. In both cases, the younger boy
is clinging to the older girl, in both cases the boy's innate magical strength
is greater, in both cases the boy has a genuine handicap that has to be worked
around. And in both cases the story is told from the point of view of the
person being used. Where it differs is that in this case the girl did volunteer
for the position in the first place, and the boy is not using her for ignoble
means, he is using her to survive.