totally OT call for Help!

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed May 28 17:52:29 EDT 2003

Minnow:
> I need the other half of the dates for the poet Charles Causley, born
1917.
> I am sure I remember reading or hearing that he died, quite recently, but
> can't find anything to support this (and someone has done a net-search for
> me too).  I'd ever so much rather be wrong and learn that he's still
> living, writing, vigorous...  but if he's not, and I want to quote one of
> his poems in an essay, I want to be able to put (1917-200?) with the ? a
> number, after his name.
>
> Can anyone find this information?  By tomorrow?  My deadline is Friday...

He was certainly alive as of a year or so ago, not that that's much use to
you. But you might try his local newspaper - he lives/lived in Liskeard from
what I remember. The number for the _Cornish Times_/ _Liskeard, Looe and
Saltash Gazette_ is 01579 342174.

Please tell us the result of your search, if you come up with definitive
information!

Charlie