look-alikes

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 17:16:00 EDT 2003

In the dim, dark past of my student days I was a
medmber of the Tolkien Society. One year we all kept
seeing a student on campus who made us think "gollum".
A few weeks later, when we were starting to cast a
theatric production based on The Hobbit he turned up
to audition - for the role of Gullum. He got the part
and was so great that every year thereafter we
included a Gollum scene in each production, even when
we did "Farmer Giles of Ham". He was never known as
anything other than Gollum.

Jon Noble