look-alikes

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue May 27 06:18:55 EDT 2003

New thread!
Life imitates Art, or in this case, DWJ.
I am at uni, and within this semester I have noticed two people, both in
classes of mine, who look like, on one hand, Chrestomanci, and on the other,
Calcifer.
It is so cool, I want to get to know them. I am so tempted to go up to the
Chrestomanci look-alike and just ask him if he TRIES to look like it/has
read DWJ. He has long black curly hair, is very tall, does magic tricks (he
has a crystal ball like in Labyrinth), has been apprenticed to a
sword-master and wears outlandish clothes (pygama or clown-like straight
pants in bright or fluro or alternating colours, for example). And wears a
bowler hat. No dressing gown though.
Actually, sounds like a Potter wizard, but I thought of DWJ before Rowling!
:P
The calcifer look-alike has (or had, he recently changed his hair style)
strawberry blonde / red hair gelled up into flame-like spikes and has very
delicate, fine features, has pale skin and wears a long black coat. Oh, and
there's also another guy who could almost, almost pass for Rupert Venables.
Now, I know I tend to cast people as 'oh, they could so play an elf' etc,
but this was just funny - two DWJ's, both in my classes at the same time,
and specific characters!
Has anyone else found look-alikes?
Aimee.