Merlin (with spoilers was RE: Ready for Merlin?

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu May 22 09:51:44 EDT 2003

Anna wrote:
> in Merlin but he is both more selfish then & the novel is more
> psychologically sophisticated... It's quite strange reading books set in
> the same universe but written for different age groups... I remember
> someone said earlier that she had found Merlin wasn't improved by being
> read immediately after DS (was it Kathleen? Sorry, I really don't
> remember) and I wonder if that was what she meant.

Yes, that was me. And I'm looking forward to reading Merlin again after some
distance (I read Deep Secret three times in about a week). It also seemed in
some areas... not thinner, but that I wanted or needed to know more about
worlds, organisations etc. I think that might possibly be a DS hangover,
also, because you find out a lot more about the less-central worlds than in,
say, Homeward Bounders and I didn't have a problem there. I'll report when I
have the chance to reread Merlin.
Kathleen.