Brust's "Issola" -- spoilers

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue May 20 01:14:26 EDT 2003

Well, I just finished Brust's "Issola", the most-recent Vlad Taltos
novel. If you don't want the ending spoiled, don't read further down
this message.

This one makes up for "Dragon" (which I didn't really like as much as
the other books). Wow! A little exposition heavy at the beginning.
But the ending!

I decided that Teldra was my favorite character in the entire series
about 5 pages before she "died". I had to put the book down for a few
minutes after that happened. Then I read on. I'll be really
interested to see where Brust takes this now that Vlad has a
semi-sentient weapon which is imbued with the soul (?) of Teldra.

And now, having rushed through all 9 books in the series in record
time, I have to wait. At least I have his other books set in this
world to pass the summer!

ian
It wasn't only wickedness and scheming that made people unhappy, it
was confusion and misunderstanding; above all, it was the failure to
grasp the simple truth that other people are as real as you.
Ian McEwan Atonement

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net