Mind control in days of yore

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sun May 18 11:43:11 EDT 2003

I had thought of zombies, and indeed voodoo/obeah generally - I've certainly
seen movies, at least, where that kind of magic was used for purposes of
mind control rather than merely handing out punishment by means of a pin in
a wax doll. But I'm a bit fuzzy as to dates, here. Presumably the roots of
obeah and zombiism are African, but what/when changes occurred between
Africa and its modern incarnations in the Caribbean (which are pretty hard
for outsiders to find out about anyway) is all dark to me. So yeah,
zombie-experts, now is the time to speak!

Charlie