Mind control in days of yore

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Sun May 18 09:27:03 EDT 2003

I think (and could probably verify - the library of my department (history
of law) has some good books on that subject) that in the times of witch hunts
(hey, almost ObDWJ - think WW) it the poor women sometimes used "mind
control" of the Devil/Demons as an excuse: They'd claim they did evils spells and
the other things they were accused of, but didn't have any choice as they were
forced against their will and could not stop their own actions.

Still, it's mind control of some supernatural being, not of a fellow human.
Interesting thought that only at some recent point in histroy we started to
think humans could do this. If it's true...

What about Zombies?

Bettina
(I love this odd question at the end... Aren't they (them being the Zombies
- sorry, I'm having a little attack of flu) also humans without free/own
will? Any Zombie experts out there?)