Posy On Children's Picture Books

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Sat May 17 14:18:26 EDT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Charles Butler wrote:

>  Anna
> Posy Simmonds (legendary UK
> > cartoonist) on the world of children's picture books:
> >
> > http://books.guardian.co.uk/posysimmonds/page/0,12694,957384,00.html
> >
> LOL. That's excellent!
>
> I like her book called _Lulu and the Flying Babies_, by the way - it's the
> only picture book by her I can think of.

	I think that one is my favourite picture book of hers too, but I
also love Fred, which is the one where two children mourning the death of
their cat get to join the local cats' wake for him & find out all about
the exciting secret life he had.

	But really I just love everything of hers! I'm so glad she's back
doing a weekly cartoon for the Guardian. Wasn't the same without her.

	If you liked that cartoon you might like this one, So How Did You
Get Into Children's Publishing?:

http://books.guardian.co.uk/posysimmonds/page/0,12694,891018,00.html

	Anna