Plagiarizing?

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri May 16 10:18:58 EDT 2003

Just to add to the debate, what would happen if you took an original idea of
an artist and wrote a story for a series of pictures that they did? How far
removed would that story have to be so as not to infringe upon copyright?
I wonder because I am toying with an exciting idea at the moment that is
obviously from some paintings I found by a current painter... annoying,
really, to think that I have to avoid going with my first inspired idea and
change it, even though it will probly never see the light of day... I like
it the way it is! [The plot and characters are mine, but the scenery
depicted is distinctive to the artist.]
Bummer.
Aimee.