Altering books (was RE: Silly Censorship)

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Fri May 16 07:20:01 EDT 2003

>>Why in the later editions have all references to the kingstone been expunged
>>from C&C?  It's only three words here, half a setence there...
>
> Same basic thing happening.  Presumably at the time she made the cuts she
> felt the kingstone was a complication that wasn't needed, so she took it
> out -- after all, there was a lot of change going on, one more bit wouldn't
> make that much difference.

OK, I see your point, but what I was actually trying to say was that I don't
think you can presume that.

I think that DWJ is too good a writer to expunge something from one book, only
to reintroduce it in a sequel.  Especially when the cut is only nine words.
Unless there is some other, really good reason for this.

Just my opinion.  I don't think there's much point in continuing to speculate...

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.