Muggles

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue May 13 13:40:33 EDT 2003

And then, on a completely different track, there's Brust's "Left
Hand" of the Jhereg Organization!

Ian
(who's in the middle of "Dragon" and still reeling a little bit from
the revelation at the end of "Orca")

>>In the Penguin Roget (1969) you'll find 'left-handed' under 'clumsy',
>>between 'butter-fingered' and 'ham-handed'.
>Not to mention "left-handed compliment" meaning either an apparent
>compliment that conceals an insult, or the other way around - I'm
>too lazy to look it up
>
>--
>Margaret Ball
>http://www.flameweaver.com
>

>--

It wasn't only wickedness and scheming that made people unhappy, it
was confusion and misunderstanding; above all, it was the failure to
grasp the simple truth that other people are as real as you.
Ian McEwan Atonement

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net