More on Magid

Mon May 12 23:14:10 EDT 2003

On Sun, 11 May 2003 08:15:23 -0400 (EDT), Anna Clare McDuff wrote:

>PS: I can't find the original arabic-magid mail. Was it said that Magid
>was pronounced with an "id" or an "eed"??? This has added whole new
>dimensions of pondering for me...

I don't remember if it said specifically.  It was made more complex because
there was a pronunciation guide for all the different sounds, and then there
was the listing of words that had emphasis added.  The assumption was that
you'd read the pronunciation guide first.  I sort of remember that it was
the EE sound, but that might just have been MY assumption based on other
Arabic-flavored text....

Melissa Proffitt