Book reviews

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun May 11 05:42:47 EDT 2003

Ros [on Martha Wells]:

>I've just recently read another one by Wells, _The Element of Fire_. After
>what was a shaky beginning for me, when I felt confused by nd not
>sufficiently interested in all the many characters and political
>machinations, it soon became an un-put-downable read for me. I ended up
>liking it even better than _Necromancer_. Thomas and Kade are such engaging
>characters.  It's obviously in the same world as _Necromancer_, but I'm not
>sure how the two books relate in terms of  time-line in that world.
>
>I'm definitely going to read her other books...

As I've been babbling about Martha Wells for a while, and talking
about her upcoming release, I figured I should check if I'd the
information correct.  _The Wizard Hunters: Book One of the Fall of
Ile-Rien_ is due out May 13 on Amazon.com (Amazon.co.uk doesn't have
a date) and Tremaine, the main character, is the daughter of Nicholas
and Madeleine (Madeline??) from _Death of the Necromancer_.  There
are chapters on the web site, if anyone likes torture:
http://www.rtis.com/mwells/mwells.htm

The first line is pretty impressive!

Hallie.