Re Book Reviews

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 22:31:22 EDT 2003

Jennifer wrote

<In hopes of distracting Ven from terrorising
people on the bus ;) I got a
few books recently by authors I hadn't read
before, (and a couple of new
ones by old favourites) and wanted to
recommend/discuss them with the
assembled multitudes. Has anyone been
disappointed by any of these? Loved
them? Found something else we must hear about?

Death of a Necromancer, Martha Wells
Several people here have recommended Wells, which

finally got me to put it
in an order, and her others are now firmly on the

to-read list.

Martha Wells is one of myb list discoveries. I've
just read her latest, Wheel of the Infinite.
Lovely Cambodia inspired setting and lots of
agreeable teasing about what's really going on
and how the heroine may or may not have
comprehensively mucked things up in the past.

=====
Ven