More on Magid

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 22:22:15 EDT 2003

Margaret wrote

<A reverse case: my daughter Sarah has friends
named Calista, Alison,
Ellen, and Kelly, known as Callie, Allie, Ellie
and Kelly. I don't
*think* they do it to drive me crazy...but if
they start calling Sarah
by Sally, I am going to start calling them all
Jane.>

Like the girls in John Crowley's Little Big, with
names that seemed designed to confuse their
father -- Lily, Lucy, Lilac and Tacy.
This also reminds me of a family I read about in
a magazine, they had three girls called Scarlet,
Amber and Jade, a neighbour dubbed them "the
traffic light kids".........

=====
Ven