More on Magid

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Sat May 10 21:11:58 EDT 2003

>I have had four friends whose name was *spelt* "Eva".  They preferred to be
>called "ee-va" (usual English), "ee-vay" (Californian hippy), "ay-va"
>(traditional Austrian) and "ev-va" (German standard I *think*).  Emphasis
>on the first syllable in each case.

A reverse case: my daughter Sarah has friends named Calista, Alison,
Ellen, and Kelly, known as Callie, Allie, Ellie and Kelly. I don't
*think* they do it to drive me crazy...but if they start calling Sarah
by Sally, I am going to start calling them all Jane.

Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com