I practised beforehand...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri May 9 17:16:43 EDT 2003

Aimee said...

> I think I shall have to discover this Tom Lehrer.

Yes, yes, you must.

Tom Lehrer was, and as far as I know, still is, a mathematician at Harvard.
He took to writing and singing funny songs in the mid to late 60s, and
recorded (afaik) three albums.  Then he went back to mathematicianing.
(Smart guy.)

He covered such diverse topics, in his singing career, as Boy Scouts, war,
plagiarism, pollution, the Vatican, sex, pigeons, folk songs, mathematics,
drug dealers...

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian ("She drowned her brother in the creek...").
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole