I practised beforehand...

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed May 7 16:15:50 EDT 2003

Anna quoted

>        The Gasman Cometh summed up my year last year:
>
>Begin Flanders & Swann Quote:
[snip]

>        Oh, I am so glad to be in 2003! Sometimes I thought I'd never make
>it :-)

I am glad for you (as the man on scaffolding outside my window smiles and
starts doing things with a very noisy drill).  We have had men doing things
to this house since late September.  In the twenty years we've lived here I
think there have been two whole calendar years we *haven't* had something
being fixed!

The only thing wrong with the F&S song is the *speed* it all happens at!
Within a week, five different workmen and each problem fixed! (apart from
the last one)

I wish....

Minnow