I practised beforehand...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed May 7 15:48:56 EDT 2003

Aimee asked...

> What is everyone's favourite? Or do you have favourites?

But how can one choose?  My family is another one that sings/quotes F&S at
the drop of a hat (pun intended!)...

"A big six-wheeler, London-Transport, diesel-engined,
ninety-seven-horsepower...omniBUS!  Hold very tight please.  Ting ting."

"This will give an interesting sensation as of walking on little metal
bottle tops."

"Personally, I can think of few things I should like LESS than to have an
orchestra playing in my living room."

"In July the sun is hot - is it shining? No it's not!"

"And once it's been opened, you know it won't keep..."

"My neighbour's asleep in his bed.  I'll soon make him wish he was dead.
I'll take up the tuba instead!  Whea-wheaaaaaaah."

The term "internal economy" is a family phrase for the digestive system.

And I once startled my boss, when he was talking about gnu (the computer
thing) by singing "I'm a gnu.  Spelt G-N-U. You really ought to k-now w-ho's
w-ho!"

And, of course, when we run out of F&S, we go on to Tom Lehrer.

("All the world seems in tune on a spring afternoon when we're poisoning
pigeons in the park!")

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole