I practised beforehand...

Macrae-Gibson,R R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk
Wed May 7 11:47:49 EDT 2003

Oh YES!! My family also grew up on these 2 LPs. I bought my Mother the CD boxed set a few years ago. They seem to have squeezed extra material onto the 'Hats' which I'm assuming comes from the 'lost' recordings.
And yes quotes crop up all the time in life, (I particularly love 'In July the Sun is Hot...' and 'Still I never did care for music much...'), but also from the patter between songs. It's hilarious people, so do try & listen if you haven't heard them already (Ditto for I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue). (But then my family is known to be mad)
BUT they have made a huge mistake on the CDs in how they split the tracks. One of the Great Joys is laughing at the patter before you hear the song ('Battersea!' 'Without having to bend down...') and yet on the CDs they've split the tracks so that they start at the beginning of each song, and you have to listen to the previous one to get the patter. Does that make sense?

I'm not sure that I can squeeze an ObDWJ into this, although like Flanders & Swann her books are enjoyable no matter how many times you listen to/read them.

A Gnother Gnu!

Rowena