I practised beforehand...

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Sat May 3 13:10:11 EDT 2003

> > What is everyone's favourite? Or do you have favourites?

Oh no, it must be (among many others):
"Go around the Canterbury ring-road, avoiding earthworks at Avebury"...
"Ox-carts, nose-to-tail from here to the coast"...

Or:
"The umpire upon whom the sun never sets..."

Or:
"So watch the wall my darling, while the bedstead men go by."

They're such good songs. And observations on life - whether Australian
television, or flying when in a wheelchair (my father has indeed been
through the kitchen entrance on a fork lift - very stately). Or of course:
"120 pounds excess baggage. In the end we had to leave her behind. What was
she called again? La belle dame sans merci - the beautiful woman who never
says thankyou."

I have to stop. Usually I collar people, sit them down and make them listen
to the whole lot. I am creating a race of zombies who cannot here "Come and
GET it," without instantly joining in. Bwahaha.

Kathleen.