I practised beforehand...

Ms Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue May 6 08:20:11 EDT 2003

Minnow wondered:
> Kathleen, do you know the two "lost" F&S LPs, *And Then We Wrote* and
> *Tried By The Centre Court*?  They don't seem to be in the boxed
> CD set
> that purports to be the "complete" F&S.

The boxed set we have has "At the Drop of a Hat", "At the Drop of Another Hat" and (I think) "The Bestiary" (we pronounce it both ways). One of them has "Tried by the Centre Court" but I've never heard the actual albums you mentioned. I grew up on my father's LPs of the first two... If you're lost in London, and you don't know where we are, and so forth. (My family breaks into song regularly, to the profound embarrassment of my younger sister who is convinced she's adopted. My father recites Banjo Patterson to crowds of strangers. My mother puts funnels on her head and shouts out "Tom Terrific and his wonder-dog Manfred!" in crowded supermarkets, and mistakes people for interesting statues. I'm not excluded - my friends say living with me is like living in a musical. F&S are actually very handy when you need A Song for Every Occasion (High Fidelity...!). My sister made us swear not to sing before bringing a friend home. When they arrived at the house my mother an I were scru
bbing the floor with toothbrushes, so she takes singing as the devil she knows, now. Oh well, it keeps the neighbours amused).

Kathleen.