Tam Lin in Novels

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 14:11:32 EDT 2003

That was a fun quiz.  I was thinking you probably couldn't find a better
crew of proofreaders than are available here.  I am not among them, however,
as it went right by me - still got 8/10, though some were guesses. Haven't
read the Dean book again since it first came out (mental note: library
trip).  However, there is nothing like trivia one actually knows - and I
just re-read Perilous Guard, making the quiz particularly delicious.

Cecilia Dart-Thornton's books also have a tertiary Tam Lin trope in them -
along with the larger commerce with Faerie thing, she has a Tam Lin (by
another name, but same story), and a True Thomas character, as well. I
recall some folks here not liking them because of all the primary source
folklore reiteration in them, but nonetheless, it bears a mention in this
context.  I was dubious at first, but in the end found what she did to be
fun and interesting. But that would be Another Topic.

Elise