Tam Lin in Novels

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 16:35:33 EDT 2003

--- "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:
> I found it, I did it, I scored 9/10...but the
> quiz-setter has got one of her
> answers wrong!
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> leaving spoiler space for the benefit of listmembers
> who have not done the
> quiz yet...
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> In "Tam Lin", by Pamela Dean, Thomas was *not* one
> of Shakespeare's actors.
> He's a modern bloke who just gets caught up with
> Medeous' people, just as in
> the ballad, Tam Lin is a human guy who gets caught
> up by the Queen of
> Faerie.

Oh!  Thanks, Dorian!  That's what I thought, too, and
that's the answer I gave, but when it came up wrong on
the quiz I didn't have a copy of Tam Lin around to
check.  I thought, maybe I'm just going moderately
insane.  So it is good to hear that if I am going off
my rocker, it's at least not in this particular way.

--jenwa.