Tam Lin in Novels

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri May 2 16:02:52 EDT 2003

Sallyo said...

> Hey everyone! I have a quiz with the above title up at funtrivia.com . The
> editor liked it, but warned me that "hardly anyone has heard of Tam Lin".
> Ummmmm?
>
> So <g> how about taking the quiz (which most of you will zip through with
> one hand behind you) and prove the nice editor wrong? You'll find it in
the
> Literature>Poetry section.

I found it, I did it, I scored 9/10...but the quiz-setter has got one of her
answers wrong!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
leaving spoiler space for the benefit of listmembers who have not done the
quiz yet...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In "Tam Lin", by Pamela Dean, Thomas was *not* one of Shakespeare's actors.
He's a modern bloke who just gets caught up with Medeous' people, just as in
the ballad, Tam Lin is a human guy who gets caught up by the Queen of
Faerie.

So I mutter sulkily that I got a perfect score *really*...and thank Hallie
for lending me "Thursday"!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--