Thursbitch

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri May 2 10:40:00 EDT 2003

Anyone seen that the new Alan Garner has been announced for this September? By my reckoning it will be his first children's novel in not ten but thirty years! The Amazon blurb makes it sound rather as if events from the distant past are due to have an impact on present-day lives and loves - which is familiar Garner territory - but I'm putting my order in now.

And in case you're wondering, the title is not an attempt to cash in on Burgess-style notoriety - it's another of those dubious English place names.

Charlie

"Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint!"