This "fleet" business

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Fri May 2 09:17:45 EDT 2003

>> Which explains the origin of the "house-room" theory, but not what it means
>> in the context. I didn't find any meanings which equate to "light" although
>> there is one context in which it can mean skimming milk.
>
>    House room makes sense to me because if you were listing nice
> comforting In Period things one might desire when walking abroad on a
> truly dark & stormy night, fire (for warmth), house-room (for shelter) and
> candlelight (to see by) would probably top the list. They didn't have
> bubblebaths or even plentiful hot cups of tea back then :-).

I agree with Anna here.  It's a list of comforting things.

Also, the context in which DWJ uses the quotation in A Sudden Wild Magic
(they're calling the ghost of the dead girl who had a message for Mark) suggests
to me that this is how she sees it.

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.