Antonia Forest

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Thu May 1 22:35:05 EDT 2003

At 12:59  30/04/03 -0400, Anna Clare McDuff wrote:
         People here may know this already, but just in case, I thought I'd
>spread the glad news that the Girls Gone By Publishers (a *very*
>small-scale but wonderful outfit devoted to re-publishing classic "girl's
>books" and modern associated books, for whom I've done a bit of volunteer
>proofreading in my time) (they are always in need of volunteer
>proofreaders if anyone wants to offer) are re-printing Antonia Forest's
>books. Antonia Forest has even written a new forward for these editions
>which cost 10 pounds each. Nicely bound trade paperbacks complete with
>publishing history & illustrations. They haven't done RMF yet, but
>Falconer's Lure has already been done & Run Away Home is in the works. I
>understand the intention is to republish all the books, so RMF is
>hopefully only a matter of time....
>
>http://www.rockterrace.demon.co.uk/GGBP/

Wow! Thanks for this Anna! Although I've never read Antonia Forest, there
are other books there that are making come up with even more ingenious
justifications as to why I can afford books on my very limited budget! And
of course, seeing as everyone is raving on about Antonia Forest I'm even
starting to wonder if I need to eat over the next few weeks...

Out of curiosity, have the males on the list read any of the books/authors
published by this company? Or have people's brothers/friends etc? I was
just wondering if they truly were "girl's books".

Emma