If hosen and shoon thou ne'er gav'st nane

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu May 1 02:56:25 EDT 2003

Anna wrote:
> too small for him. Very subtle, very clever, very apt. Janine never struck
> me as the kind of person who'd donate much to charity shops and of course
> Young Master Nick wouldn't think of any such thing... actually that left
> me more wondering just how come he *had* got clothes... I wouldn't put it
> past him to have heard the Dirge & donated some Just In Case. I think he

I think it was Nick whose idea it was to give the clothes away. Maree wasn't
going to because she thought they were too awful and Nick "said he didn't
approve of throwing away clothes" and makes her. Of course, that doesn't
mean he didn't have some knowledge... It doesn't quite fit with his being
"sweetly kindly and totally selfish". Although he isn't all bad - just a
"slitherer-outerer", as pointed out earlier.

Kathleen.