Naming things (was re: O/T Older Cars)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 30 11:57:31 EST 2003

>I don't tend to name inanimate objects much; I'm not very good with
>names, either inventing them or remembering them, generally.

We don't tend to name inanimate objects in our family, but we are
inveterate nicknamers. This, of course, often leads to a good deal of
trouble when the objects of the nicknames find out. Or for other reasons. I
recently sent my brother and his girlfriend in Australia a parcel, and then
found out that a lot of post offices are requiring identification before
they let you pick up parcels. Maybe they can tell the post office that the
parcel is for their cats or something.

Robyn