O/T Older Cars

Sat Mar 29 13:02:30 EST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 06:20:15 -0700, Otter Perry wrote:

>> On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>>
>> |Anyone else name their cars?  (I like Marjorie particularly, Philip.)  We've

>I name my cars, but the names never stick for some reason.

We've found that it sometimes takes a while for a name to catch on.  It's as
if the car has a name that we have to discover, rather than that we are
christening it with our own decision.  Stan, for instance, tried to be the
Mystery Machine, but it just wasn't his style.  Then I happened to mention
to some friends that he reminded me of my Uncle Stan--gruff, not a big
talker, but a big guy with a lot of heart--and there we were.

We tried hard to name our two Honda Accords, but they just weren't
interested in us.  And the minivan was possibly a zombie reanimated by an
inexpert sorcerer, since the spell only lasted about six months.  Not a lot
of personality in most zombies.

Melissa Proffitt