Merlin Conspiracy out early!

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 28 20:30:33 EST 2003

> >I can't believe we're getting the book here so early. Julian of "Slow
Glass"
> >told me the reason it's relatively inexpensive--it's because it's being
> >marketed as a "children's book." That doesn't really explain why it's
coming
> >out as a paberback, though.
>
> What!!! I was told Slow Glass closed down. Did Justin move, or something?
>
> Robyn

Slow Glass did close down in shop form, but Julian still runs it as a mail
order business, still sending out the catalogues and taking orders for
books. So I ordered _The Merlin Conspiracy_ from him, thinking he might get
it more quickly than local shops, though now it appears I can get it just
about anywhere, and more conveniently. Julian sends books out, or you can
pick them up from his place, which is absolutely stacked with books, but
most of them are pre-ordered, I think. So in effect Slow Glass is still
there; you just can't go to the shop any more and just browse around and
impulse-buy. (I wonder if maybe he does carry extra copies so people *can*
impulse buy at his house--I'm not sure).

I'll have to wait now till Julian actually has it and until I get a chance
to get to his place! Arrhh!

Ros