Hurrah for Hallie was Re Ender's Game

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Mar 28 16:27:42 EST 2003

Charlie replied to Hallie...

> > ... history, real solemn history, I cannot be interested in.  The
> > quarrels of popes and kings, with wars and pestilences, in every
> > page; the men all so good for nothing, and hardly any women at
> > all....  I often think it odd that it should be so dull, for a good
> > deal of it must be invention.

(This quotation is written on a lavatory door in Pamela Dean's "Tam Lin";
the heroine spends some time (between feeling sick) trying to remember the
source - she does, eventually!)

> Have you tried JA's _History of England By a partial, prejudiced, &
ignorant Historian_? A bit like '1066 and All That' but over 100 years
earlier of course.

Oh yes.  My parents brought me that back from a trip to Bath.  It's lovely!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray