Fwd: YA Books

Fri Mar 28 13:35:41 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:19:17 +0000, hallieod at indigo.ie wrote:

>Forwarding this for Sally:

>>My take on YA fiction is that it *usually* (not always) has YA characters as
>>protagonists and the story voice is slanted towards YA reactions. Children
>>react to news/events in one way, adults in another, YA in a kind of
>>cross-bred fashion.

Thanks for forwarding this, Hallie.  Sally does a better job of explaining
what I meant than I did.  Technically, you could have a YA novel with adult
characters, but it would probably sound weird.

Anyway, I feel very slow and boring today, so someone else can carry on the
arguments.

Melissa Proffitt