Naming Things was RE: O/T Older Cars

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 20:05:50 EST 2003

I've never owned a car and I was going to say I'd
never named anything inanimate (apart from
various stuffed animals, toy soldiers etc) when I
remembered that my archaeology trowels were named
Pitfinder and Scrape...... Pitfinder was the very
small one, for all kinds of delicate stuff and
Scrape, as well as the obvious, was for gouging
and hacking too.

A few of my plants have names. There's a group of
very old ones called Eric something or another,
dating from the Monty Python phase and Ursula the
Crassula who now exists as several clones.

=====
Ven