Dissertation!

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 19:45:45 EST 2003

I handed in my honours thesis (Role of the Railway in British Children's
Novels) on Monday! I've been high as a kite all week, despite having four
weeks of law to catch up on. Thank you all for your help, and for
recommendations of books last year.
ObDWJ: I ended up considering Homeward Bounders (a very brief mention), A
Tale of Time City and Fire and Hemlock. It was a very general approach to
the area, so there were lots of brief mentions of many books, but I plan to
follow up a couple areas, particularly railways in fantasy literature (both
a AToTC and F&H) and in the WWII evacuations from London (AToTC).
Thanks again,
Kathleen.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if
nothing had happened.
- W. Churchill
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au