_Summerland_ and Society

Thu Mar 27 17:55:03 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:30:48 +0000, hallieod at indigo.ie wrote:

>The fat characters and lit. discussion was great, I
>thought, and if you (singular, Melissa, or emphatically plural) think
>I've got porridge/oatmeal for brains for having this reaction to a
>wonderful book, that's fine too.  My kids *regularly* think that! :-)

Why would I think that?  I'm the one who didn't think _Dark Lord_ lived up
to *my* expectations.   :)

Actually I think it's interesting, myself, when I read a book that I know is
good and that I just don't care for.  It's interesting to ferret out the
reasons, because I generally learn more about reading that way.

On the other hand, you might have porridge for brains because you can't take
Thomas Hardy.... (hee hee)

Melissa Proffitt