O/T Older Cars

Denise DeGraf mustang at sonic.net
Thu Mar 27 11:53:05 EST 2003

Jacob Proffitt danced around singing:
>Holy cow, you stole my tech setup!  I swear I'm using the exact same
>equipment (though I don't typically name my computers).

Oh, cool..!  I researched various companies & models for *months* before
settling on the two Sony systems just recently, and I couldn't be happier
with them.  Mordion is an ultraslim VAIO r505gl, Maree is a Clie NX60, both
outfitted happily with wireless cards.  I love that they can both work with
the same memory sticks -- enough that I'm hoping to get a Sony memory-stick
based digital camera when I upgrade.  Only trouble is that they're not
currently making one that fulfills my needs, i.e. is compact yet can handle
indoor light or moving objects.

To tie this in a bit more towards DWJ... I'm currently wandering around
Washington DC visiting bookstores, and I'm shocked at how much nicer the
selection is in the various Borders here than in the Northern California
stores where I live.  CA stores usually keep 1-2 DWJ titles in stock, but
the ones here have *all* of them!  :^/  otoh, all of the CA stores have
wireless 'net access, but none of the ones I've tried here do -- which is
frustrating as I've gotten into the habit of looking authors/releases up on
the web while wandering Borders back home.  Weird.

Denise DeGraf ~~ http://www.sonic.net/mustang/moggy
"You're down as expendable.  You don't get a weapon."
    -- Diana Wynne Jones (Dark Lord of Derkholm)