Merlin Conspiracy out early!

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Mar 27 07:12:19 EST 2003

Christian:

>on a whim after reading this i visited amazon.co.uk. the merlin
>conspiracy "ships in 2-3 days" ... into cart, click click click,
>soon enough i will be enjoying the merlin conspiracy, i hope. it
>costs a lot more to buy the UK editions of books, but i am
>impatient. and i prefer to get the home edition of a book, because
>publishers often fiddle around with 'em a bit (or more than a bit.)

This is a bit odd.    I went onto amazon.co.uk last night, and saw
all the 7 Aprils, and didn't even notice that the hardcover
HarperCollins was shipping in 2 to 3 days (unless it just changed
from not yet published - it's still saying April 7).  Maybe it's
because I was wondering at the 9 pounds sterling price for a
children's paperback, which is pretty outrageous, while the hardcover
is only 10.50 or something.  Also, I just hadn't realised it was a
'children's book'.  Also, *why* release the hardcover and paperback
at essentially the same time?  Probably more to the point - why am I
trying to make sense of the ways of publishers?

Hallie.