O/T Older Cars

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 26 22:43:37 EST 2003

We used to have a green van called The Flying Shoebox, and my parent's car
(before I wrote it off) was Coo-ee (license plate COE). The toyota hilux
(ute/pickup) was Boxer (BXO) before my little sister acquired it. Now it is
no longer a beaten-up farm ute. It is a gleaming white, mud-guarded,
spot-lighted, oil-cloth seat-covered, bundy-rum bar-towel adorned
sticker-besmattered B&S ute which is virtually unmaneuverable in city
traffic but great fun to step out of in the city! (The looks!). My mother
was driving it on the highway and a big truck started pulling out and up
beside her as if to overtake, then dropped back. And did it again. She
mentioned it to my sister, who said "Mother, look at the stickers!." They
read "Ute+Girl=Wonderwoman" and "No, this is not my boyfriend's" and so on.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if
nothing had happened.
- W. Churchill
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au