O/T Older Cars

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Mar 26 16:22:16 EST 2003

Jon said:
> In comparison to everyone else ours are boring names
> inspired by their numberplates. At the moment we have
> a Hyndai Lantra named Earwig (UWG) and a Ford Falcon
> named Wookie (WQQ).

Our first car after we were married was also named after her numberplate: JG
=Juliet Gulf. She was a personality  - a Morris Marina panel van that
gradually had seats and windows put in as our family grew. I really liked
Juliet because even in the city people recognised us from a distance, as
this model of vehicle was were relatively uncommon. Our second car came to
us from my husband's mother, but never had a name, because its number plate
also began with J, and there was only one Juliet. Since then we haven't
named our cars - perhaps we should do so again. We also have had a little
dinghy for years that has never had a name because we could never agree on
one. Lucky the children didn't suffer the same fate!
Regards
Elizabeth.