O/T Older Cars

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 14:39:11 EST 2003

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> Anyone else name their cars?

In comparison to everyone else ours are boring names
inspired by their numberplates. At the moment we have
a Hyndai Lantra named Earwig (UWG) and a Ford Falcon
named Wookie (WQQ). Previous cars have sometimes had
colour inspired names (Ruby and Bluebell)
Someone mentioned naming computers, when we first got
computers in the library at my last school we figured
that giving them names was better than just calling
them "Library one" etc. After some vandalism to one
which resulted in a police investigation (no it wasn't
viewed that seriously - the suspected culprit had
committed quite a number of acts of vandalism around
the school) I had to make a statement to the police
about the destruction of the boot disk from Boris the
Computer.

Jon