O/T Older Cars

Wed Mar 26 12:55:51 EST 2003

Anyone else name their cars?  (I like Marjorie particularly, Philip.)  We've
only had a few bland vehicles that didn't earn names...our theory was that
they were so tired and old that they had fallen into a deep sleep, and thus
weren't aware of us or the world around them.  Probably half our cars have
fallen into this category.

We've never had anything older than an '87 Cadillac, Big Bertha, which was
probably top of the line when she was young.  Ernest was our pre-marriage
car, the one we did all our courting in.  Mary Ann was the best, but we had
to trade her in because we couldn't fit three car seats into her back seat.
Our present car is a full-sized custom van called Stan, due to his being a
gruff and silent type who gets the job done.  Poor Stan has had very bad
health lately and has spent far too much time in the shop, but now that
we've replaced almost every major system in his body, we hope he's going to
be with us for a long time.

Melissa Proffitt